Home Remedies for Acne that really Work
Acne is the most common skin problem found mostly among the teenagers and lesser in children and adults. But we cannot ignore acne problem as everyone wants to have a clear skin. So, for this we need some sort of acne treatment, whether it is medical treatment with medicines, or some beauty products to hide acne or some acne natural treatment or going for home remedies. This is the reason that we are discussing the most tested and effective remedies for acne.
To get rid of acne, blackheads, blemishes and greasiness on your face, you should start with a gentle, foaming facial wash. This will remove dirt and oil without stripping away the needed moisture from your skin.
1. Tomatoes - Make a puree of fresh tomatoes, apply to the skin
2. Yogurt - Mix one tablespoon yogurt with fuller's earth and apply. Yogurt itself can be applied o the face. It helps to soften the skin and restores the natural acid mantle.
3. Aloe vera - This wonder plant of the household is the best at absorbing skin oils. Slice open a leaf and smear the gel on your face 3 times a day. Let it dry. Or you can also keep a small amount of gel in the refrigerator during the summers for a refreshing face-lift.
4. Honey - Mix half teaspoon honey with egg white and one teaspoon lemon juice. Add fuller's earth or brewer's yeast powder. Mix into a paste and apply. Remove after 20 minutes with water.
5. Limes and Cucumbers - Citrus fruits and vegetables refresh our skin thereby reducing the oils. To get these benefits, mix 1/2 teaspoon lime juice with an equal amount of cucumber juice. Apply to your face a few minutes before showering.
6. Egg Yolk - A quick remedy to remove oil shine asks for one of the simplest foods: the egg. This egg yolk mask removes the excessive oils from your skin. Now apply the egg yolk with a cotton ball to oily spots and leave this on your face for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water.
7. Almonds and Honey - Make a paste of a small amount of ground almonds with honey and apply as a facial scrub for removing oils and dead skin cells. Now gently massage this paste on your face with a hot washcloth. Finally, rinse with cold water.
8. Papaya - Make a pulp of raw papaya and apply. Papaya has a cleansing action, softening dead skin cells and aiding their removal.
9. Apples - For a homemade oil-ridding facial, mix 1/2 cup mashed apple, 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 slightly beaten egg white and 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a smooth paste and apply to your face for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water.
10. Salt - This is the best gift the sea could give to those with oily skin. Place tepid water into a small spray bottle and add 1 teaspoon salt to it. Now close your eyes and imagine yourself at the seashore. Squirt some of this salt spray on your face at least once a day and blot dry.
11. Vinegar - The best way to exfoliate your oily skin is to apply white or apple cedar vinegar using a cotton ball before bedtime. Leave it on your face for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. Use this remedy for 3 weeks to observe positive changes in your skin.
WARNING: If you have a super-sensitive skin, then dilute vinegar with 4 parts water. For a summertime treat, chill the vinegar or freeze it into ice cubes and apply as a cooling facial.
12. Cornstarch - Mix 1 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch with warm water to make a smooth paste. Now rub the paste on your face and let it dry. Then shower or rinse off with lukewarm water in the sink. For best results, try this once a day.
13. Baking Soda - Add 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda to your liquid soap and rub very gently onto oily areas such as nose or chin. This will help you to get rid of blackheads as well as oil. Now rinse with cold water.
14. Lemons - Take equal parts of lemon juice and water and mix them well. Pat the dilute on your face and let it dry. First, rinse with warm water and then with cold water for a refreshing treat.
15. Eau de cologne - If your skin is excessively oily, mix in a few drops of eau de cologne. This not only helps keep oiliness away but also helps in refining the pores of the skin by acting as astringent, thereby preventing acne.
16. Cucumber - To prevent the problem of your makeup becoming patchy either on the forehead, chin or nose due to excessive oiliness in these areas, apply a little cucumber juice on the excessively oily parts of your face, dry thoroughly and then apply your makeup.