Celebrities with Autism or Autistic Children
Autism is one such disorder which does not differentiate anyone in terms of age, sex, caste, class, religion, ethnicity, popularity etc. This disorder is one of the primary concerns which bothers not only the common masses but the celebrities as well. There are a number of well known personalities who are the victim of autism. Also there are a number of celebrities who have children with autism. Some of them deny the fact and do not wish to be publicized whereas some of them spoke of it openly to spread awareness among the general masses. Some even went to the extent of writing about their children with autism and the challenges they had to face as a parent.
Following are some of the historical and contemporary famous personalities who suffer from this development disorder called autism.
Historically Famous Personalities/Celebrities with Autism
1) Jane Austen – an English novelist of the 18th Century.
2) Emily Dickinson – A US poet of the 19th century.
3) Franz Kafka – a Czech writer
4) Albert Einstein – the German/American Physicist
5) Carl Jung – famous psychoanalyst
6) Isaac Newton – English mathematician and physicist
7) Beethoven – German/Viennese composer
8) Mark Twain - the US humorist
9) Graham Bell – Inventor of the telephone
10) Mozart – Austrian Composer
Contemporary Famous Personality Suffering from Autism
1) Bill Gates – US global monopolist
2) Bob Dylan – US singer and songwriter
3) Al Gore – Former vice president and the Presidential candidate
4) Keanu Reeves – Lebanese/Canadian/UA Actor
5) James Taylor – US singer and songwriter
6) Michael Palin – the US comedian
7) Bobby Fischer – US Chess Champion
8) Michael Jackson – US singer
9) Woody Allen - US comedian, actor, writer, director, producer, jazz clarinetist
10) Tony Benn – English Labor Politician
The month of April adds a meaningful matter to all the Hollywood celebrities, mostly among those celebrities who have autistic children. The month of April is the autism awareness month. Among the handful of celebrities who stepped forward to discuss about their family members suffering from this disorder, Sylvester Stallone, Jenny McCarthy, etc are two of them who talked about their autistic sons.
Also, read about the treatment of autism to know the steps that should be taken towards helping our autistic children. Your views and comments are valuable to us, so feel free to share it with us.