Home Cures for Baby's Stuffy Nose
Be it a child or an adult, a stuffy nose is always unwanted, undesired for. A blocked nose is pretty uncomfortable. It can get real pesky at times. Children especially infants may have a tough time in trying to deal with blocked stuffy nose. Infants don’t usually understand the problem they are facing and may find difficulty in breathing. It could be due to either allergic reactions or cold or flu. However, you don’t have to worry much about it. As a parent you can do a couple of things to relieve your baby from stuffy nose. Following are some of the remedies that you can take up in order to relieve a baby’s stuffy nose:
1) There are a number of solutions available for the treatment of stuffy nose. All that you have to do is to put a few drops of the solution and massage the nose from the sides. You can even make your own saline water solution at home and use it for the purpose.
2) Another option is to use suction. There are a couple of suction devices that are available in the market. This suction helps in removing the mucous from the baby’s nose without much difficulty.
3) One of the best techniques of getting rid of stuffy nose is vapor bath. Turn on the shower as hot as possible and sit there along with your baby. As the baby inhales the hot steam the phlegm will begin to loosen leading to flowing out easily. This will clear out the nasal passage.
4) Your children could panic when they are unable to breathe. So it is very important for you as a parent to reassure your child that things will be fine and better.
5) Stuffy nose can very often cause dehydration as your child uses his mouth to breathe. So it is very important to feed your child with liquids to prevent dehydration. You can give it in the form of juices or plain water but make sure that the child is not devoid of it.
These are some of the things you can do to help your child get relief from stuffy nose. At times it can create a lot of problems but if you follow the steps given above properly then it is quite easy to get relief. There are also a number of medications available. However a word of caution is that do not ever give any medication to infants. In a bid to relieve your child’s nasal congestion, you might worsen the condition and create other unwanted circumstances.
To know more about babies problems, read on teething among infants.
And do not forget to share your valuable comments with us.