Some Negative Effects of Alcohol Use
Negative effects of alcohol are almost ignored by most of us but is it healthy? No, not at all, after reading the following negative alcohol effects you will come to know what you have now and what you will lose if you won't quit this fatal addiction of yours!
Alcoholism and alcohol abuse are the major cause for social, economic and public health problems. Due to alcohol, every year, more than 100,000 people face death. The losses that we have to face is shocking and unbelievable! Every year, the total cost of lost productivity and health expenses related to alcoholism is more than $100 billion!
Even more shocking for America is that out of the 15.1 million alcohol-abusing or alcohol-dependent individuals in the United States, approximately 4.6 million (nearly one-third) are women only .
Effects of Alcohol on the Body
The form of alcohol that we drink in the beverages is ethyl alcohol (ethanol), a colorless liquid that in its pure form has a burning taste. This ethanol is produced by the fermentation of sugars, which is found naturally in fruits and grains like barley and grapes. It acts as a sedative depressing your central nervous system whenever you drink alcohol. In some alcohol users, the initial reaction may be stimulation, but as they continue drinking, sedating or calming effects occur. Also, it relaxes you and minimizes your inhibitions by depressing the control centres of your brain. The intensity of sedation depends on the quantity.
1. Initially, alcohol leaves a deep impact on your areas of thought, emotion and judgement. You are unable to think, emote and judge the things happening around you.
2. It impairs your speech and muscle co-ordination
3. It induces you to sleep
4. If taken in large quantities, then alcohol is deadly poisonous- it can cause life-threatening coma by severely depressing the pivotal centres of your brain.
5. Excessive alcohol consumption can severely damage your liver, pancreas and cardiovascular system.
6. In pregnant woman, alcohol can damage the fetus also.
Read on how to stop alcohol addiction for the best guidance. Also, share your views and comments as they are quite valuable to us.