Home Remedies For A Vaginal Yeast Infection
With yeast infections -- affecting either the mouth or gential area -- sometimes prevention just isn't enough. If you do find yourself with such an inflammation, then the following home remedies for vaginal yeast infection may help ease the discomfort and bring about a fast resolution.
1. Yogurt: Dip a tampon in plain yogurt(curd) that contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, and try to insert it into your vagina at least twice a day until and unless your infection ends up. But you have to continue this for once just for one day after the symptoms of yeast infection disappear.
2. Garlic: Peel a fresh garlic clove and make a little and wrap it in cheesecloth. Now tie the tampon with unwaxed dental floss.You have the provision of leaving a bit of floss so that afterwards you can pull it out. Now insert this tampon in your vagina and leave it for several hours or overnight and then remove it in the morning. In severe cases of yeast infection, try this twice a day, in the morning and during the night both. Repeat this until one day after your infection evades.
3. Baking Soda and Water: Take a mild toothpaste of baking soda and water and brush your teeth with it as commercial toothpastes are too hard and develop sores in your mouth. So what you are to do, just pour a little baking soda on your palm and add enough water to it to make a smooth paste out of it. Then, rinse with 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. And most of all, do not forget to replace your toothbrush soon after your yeast infection cures.
4. Garlic consumption: Consume 2 fresh garlic cloves a day, plain or minced and toss in a salad or sauce. This may prevent you from yeast infections or help clear up a case of thrush. You should be aware that garllic has great anti-fungal properties.
5. Teatree oil: Pour a few drops of Teatree oil (easily available at your nearest natural health stores) on a lubricated tampon and gently insert it into your vagina. This is a really effective home remedy.
6. Take 1 pint water and boil it. Now add 1 teaspoon licorice powder to it. Steep it, strain but please do not drink it. Just use this liquid as a vaginal douche.
7. Apple cider vinegar and Garlic: Add 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in 2 cups of water and then add 1 garlic clove in it. Now keep it for sometime and use this for douching.
8. Vinegar or Yogurt: At the initial stage of your infection, douche with a mild vinegar or yogurt. Now, make a mild vinegar douche and use at the first sign of your problems. Take 1 to 3 tablespoons white vinegar and mix it with 1 quart of water.
9. For other parts of the body other than vagina, you can apply a very simple and fresh garlic paste directly on the affected parts of your body.
10. Boric Acid: Take 1 or 2 capsules of Boric Acid and insert them into your vagina and keep it there overnight for several nights to treat yeast infection from its roots.
CAUTION: For some women, the boric acid may cause burning or uncomfortable for the first few days but it will get normal very soon.
Also, go for the information on baking soda for yeast infection in details.
And yes, do not forget to leave a comment on how the above information helped you!